Two things I love: takeout and Cava. Something I don't love: spending my money on takeout. The good news is, with these Copycat Cava Chicken Bowls, you don't need takeout. These healthy chicken bowls are low calorie, low point, take no time to throw together and include the juiciest chicken and amazing Greek flavors. Goodbye takeout!
Why should I make these copycat cava chicken bowls?
The real question is, why shouldn't you?! Here are some of the many reasons you should make these copycat Cava chicken bowls:
- They're way less expensive than take-out!
- You can control exactly how much of each ingredient you include in your bowl, which makes it easier to track points and/or calories or macros.
- They're delicious! The chicken is SO juicy. We make the chicken for these bowls on the grill, but you could also make them in the oven or using a cast iron skillet. Also, we used chicken thighs for this recipe - I think they make it so much more delicious, but if you want to cut back on calories/points, feel free to swap them for chicken breast.
- You can make a huge batch and have leftovers for lunch or dinner later in the week!
- Did I mention they're delicious?!
What do I need to make these copycat cava chicken bowls?
Honestly, you can throw in whatever you think would taste good! But here's what I recommend using:
- Mixed greens
- White rice
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs (as I mentioned above, you can swap these for chicken breasts!)
- Feta cheese
- Hummus (we love using the red pepper hummus from Trader Joe's)
- Seasonings: cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder
That's all you need!
How to make these bowls
The first thing you'll want to do is season the chicken generously on both sides. As I mentioned, I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, but you could also use chicken breasts to cut back at points/calories. Then, you'll cook the chicken - we grilled it, but you could also bake it in the oven at 425 for 25-35 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, spend a few minutes prepping your ingredients! Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers and begin cooking your rice. Add the rice, mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, hummus, and tzatziki sauce to a bowl. Once the chicken is done cooking, let it rest for a few minutes before cutting. Then, cut the chicken and at it to your copycat cava chicken bowls. When it's all assembled, squeeze lemon on top to finish it off. Mix it all together and enjoy!Print