Two things I love: takeout and Cava. Something I don't love: spending my money on takeout. The good news is, with these Copycat Cava Chicken Bowls, you don't need takeout. These take no time to throw together and include the juiciest chicken and amazing Greek flavors. Goodbye takeout!
- 1.5 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (this will make 4 servings of chicken - I recommend using 4oz of chicken in each bowl and saving the rest for leftovers!)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon
- 1.5 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 2oz (28 grams) feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice (I use frozen white rice from Trader Joe's to make this easier and faster!)
- 2 tbsp tzatziki (I used Esti brand)
- 2 tbsp hummus (you can use any kind - I love red pepper hummus)
- Preheat grill to medium-high, or preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together the garlic powder, salt, pepper and cumin. Season the chicken generously on both sides.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon over chicken.
- Cook the chicken on the grill for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, or in the oven for 25-35 minutes. Cook to an internal temperature of 170 degrees F. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes once it's done cooking before cutting.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop your cucumber and tomatoes and cook your rice.
- Assemble your bowls: add the rice, mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, hummus and tzatziki to a bowl.
- Once the chicken is done resting, slice it and add it to your bowl.
- Squeeze the other half of your lemon over the bowl to finish it off.
- Mix it all together and enjoy!
Keywords: Copycat Cava Chicken Bowls