This easy, low-calorie and low-carb Chicken Sausage Veggie Egg Bake is perfect for hosting a brunch or to meal prep for the week ahead.
How do I make the Chicken Sausage Veggie Egg Bake?
Making this egg bake is EASY and you only need a few ingredients. The best part? You can swap out whatever you like! If there's a certain vegetable you don't like, you can use something different (for example, tomatoes and mushrooms would be great in this)! Don't love chicken sausage? Feel free to swap for ham or bacon.
Here's what I used:
- Pre-cooked chicken sausage. I used Trader Joe's sweet Italian style chicken sausages, but you can use whichever you like!
- Low-fat milk. You can use whole milk if you prefer, but I promise you won't notice a difference and this helps keep this egg bake low-calorie!
- Cheddar cheese. You can use a different type of cheese if you prefer, but I recommend an extra sharp cheddar cheese!
- Vegetables. This Chicken Sausage Veggie Egg Bake calls for peppers, onions and spinach, but any vegetables would be great in this egg bake!
Storing and Freezing
To store this egg bake, let it cool completely, cut it into eight pieces and store it in an airtight container with paper towels on top to absorb the moisture. This can be stored for up to 5 days.
To freeze this egg bake, let it cool completely and freeze in an airtight container for up to two months.
Reheating the Chicken Sausage Egg Bake
To reheat this Chicken Sausage Veggie Egg Bake, you can toss it in the microwave until it's heated through. Alternatively, my favorite way to reheat it is to put it in the air fryer (my favorite kitchen appliance!) until it's heated through and develops a nice crisp on the outside.
Of course this egg bake can be served on its own, but my favorite way to eat it is on an english muffin, a piece of toast, or on top of a hashbrown (I LOVE the frozen hashbrowns from Trader Joe's!)
If you make this recipe, it would mean SO much to me if you would leave a comment and rating, or if you would post about it on Instagram and tag me at @balancedmissbailey so I can see your creation!Print
Low Calorie Chicken Sausage and Veggie Egg Bake
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- Diet: Low Calorie
This easy, low-calorie and low-carb Chicken Sausage and Veggie Egg Bake is perfect for hosting a brunch or to meal prep for the week ahead.
- 9 eggs
- 2 links chicken sausage (I used Trader Joe's sweet Italian style), diced
- 1 cup bell pepper (1 bell pepper), diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a nonstick skillet over medium heat with olive oil spray or cooking spray. Add peppers and onions and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the chicken sausage and remove from heat. Spread the vegetables and chicken sausage over the baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, raw spinach, milk, salt and pepper and whisk well. Slowly pour over the vegetables in the baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 32 to 35 minutes. Let stand until cool before cutting into 8 pieces.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply