I promise once you make this caprese pasta salad with prosciutto and pesto mayo, you'll want to make it all summer long. This fresh caprese pasta salad is made with mozzarella, tomato, basil, prosciutto, and a creamy pesto mayo.
What do I need to make this caprese pasta salad?
Making this caprese pasta salad with prosciutto and pesto mayo is EASY. I love that it takes all the classic flavors of caprese salad, and incorporates pasta and an unexpected pesto mayo into the mix. To make it, you'll just need a few things:
- Pasta (I really like using fusilli for this dish)
- Fresh mozzarella
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mayo (you can use light, but I think this tastes way better with regular!)
- Salt & pepper
How do I make the homemade pesto mayo?
Making the homemade pesto mayo for this pasta salad with prosciutto is EASY. It's as simple as it sounds: mix together pesto, mayo, and salt & pepper! You can use light mayo for this recipe if you'd like, but I prefer the taste with regular mayo. It is worth nothing that the nutrition information at the bottom of this recipe includes regular mayo, not light. For the pesto, you can use whichever you like. I chose to use the vegan pesto from Trader Joe's because I loveeee it - but you can't go wrong with whichever you choose for this caprese pasta salad!
How do I make this pasta salad?
First, I just want to say I think this pasta salad is absolutely PERFECT to bring to summer potlucks, bbqs, the beach, the pool - you name it. It is so easy to make a big batch and even if you're making it just for yourself, it's perfect because you'll have leftovers!
Making this pasta salad is EASY.
- First, you'll cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking, you'll make the pesto mayo.
- Then, you'll cut the the mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes in half, and chop up the basil and prosciutto.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!
See?! It's that simple!Print