This Cold Mexican Street Corn Dip has all of the amazing flavors of Mexican street corn in a dip form. It's the perfect thing to bring to a tailgate or have an as appetizer when hosting - no heating required!
What is Mexican Street Corn?
You can learn more about the history of Mexican Street Corn ("Elote") here. Street vendors in Mexico serve Elote with butter, mayonnaise, cotija cheese and chili powder - and it's to die for. I think it goes great with my Skinny Coconut Margaritas!
What you need for this Mexican Street Corn Dip
First, let me say this is the PERFECT dip to bring to tailgates or watch parties because you don't need to worry about reheating it. You don't need many ingredients at all:
- Corn kennels. You can do frozen, canned or roasted!
- Lime juice. Fresh is best!
- Red onion. This gives the perfect "bite."
- Greek yogurt. I recommend using full fat.
- Light mayo. Of course you can also use full-fat mayo here. Hellmann's and Duke's Mayonnaise are my favorites!
- Roasted chiles. Just grab a can!
- Feta cheese. This adds so much creaminess, saltiness and flavor! You could also use cotija cheese, which is what's in traditional Mexican Street Corn.
- Chili powder.
- Cilantro. I always recommend using fresh!
- Fritos. Or any other chip you prefer for dipping - but I think Fritos are best with this recipe! Tortilla chips would be great, too.
How to make this dip
I think the best part of this dip is just how easy it is to make. Ready for all the steps?
- Cook the corn according to package instructions (or just boil your fresh corn).
- Put it in the fridge to cool while you prep all of the other ingredients.
- Mix everything together (including the now-cold corn) in a bowl.
- Enjoy with some chips!
...I wasn't kidding about how easy it is 🙂
What's the best way to serve this dip?
Fritos. Or any other chip you prefer for dipping - but I think Fritos are best with this recipe! Tortilla chips would be great, too.Print