Growing up, everyone in my family will tell you that a tuna, rice avocado bowl was my absolute favorite dish for both lunch and dinner. The best part is that it takes less than 5 minutes to throw together - especially if you use frozen rice, which I do! It also only entails four ingredients (if you exclude the salt and pepper) that you probably already have on hand.
- 1 5oz can of tuna
- 1 cup (142 grams) of white rice (I use Trader Joe's frozen rice)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp light mayo
- Salt and pepper
- Drain can of tuna and add it to a bowl with the light mayo and salt and pepper.
- Heat frozen rice in the microwave or heat any rice until steaming.
- Add the steaming rice to the bowl of tuna (make sure the rice is super hot!)
- Add sliced avocado
- Top bowl with sprinkle of salt and pepper
Keywords: Tuna Rice Avocado Bowls