This Arugula Summer Salad with Roasted Peaches and Toasted Almonds is to die for. It is loaded with arugula, roasted peaches, corn, tomatoes, toasted almonds and crumbled feta. It's topped with a simple, homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing that takes no time to throw together! The perfect healthy, fresh, summer salad.
for the salad
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 2-3 ripe peaches
- 1 ear of corn, husk removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
for the balsamic dressing
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the pits from the peaches, and slice each peach into eight wedges.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil. Place the peach wedges on the sheet in one layer.
- Roast the peaches for 15 minutes or until the peaches begin browning (if needed, roast the peaches for less time to avoid them getting too soft).
- While the peaches are roasting, steam the corn by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the ear of corn to the water and let it boil for 3-5 minutes. Alternatively, you can feel free to use frozen or canned corn.
- Add the sliced almonds to a dry skillet (don't add any oil!) and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until golden. Be careful not to burn them.
- Mix together ingredients for balsamic dressing and stir (alternatively, feel free to use bottled dressing).
- Plate the salad ingredients layered with the arugula, peaches, corn, tomatoes, almonds and crumbled feta. Pour balsamic dressing on top and mix. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American