I promise once you make this caprese pasta salad with prosciutto and pesto mayo, you'll want to make it all summer long. This fresh caprese pasta salad is made with mozzarella, tomato, basil, prosciutto, and a creamy pesto mayo.
- 1 pound dry pasta (I recommend Fusili)
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 2 ounces prosciutto, sliced thinly and torn into small pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup mayo (I used regular mayo but you can swap for light mayo if you prefer)
- 3 tbsp pesto
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add salt to the water. Add the pasta, cook according to package directions. Drain the pasta and immediately rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the mayo, pesto, salt and pepper.
- Drain the mozzarella balls and cut them in half.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, sliver the fresh basil and chop the prosciutto.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, tomatoes, basil, prosciutto, and mozzarella. Add the pesto mayo and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Italian