This low-calorie low-point skinny coconut margarita is to die for. Made with real Coco Lopez cream of coconut, a low-calorie skinny coconut drink, fresh-squeezed lime, tequila, cointreau and ice, you couldn't ask for a better summer cocktail. Margaritas have always been one of my absolute favorite cocktails. Mix it with some coconut, and you just can't beat it.
What do I need to make this skinny coconut margarita?
The best part about this skinny coconut margarita? You don't need much to make it! Here are a few things you'll want to have on hand:
- Coco lopez cream of coconut
- One lime: for the best flavor, I highly recommend squeezing your own fresh lime juice vs. buying a bottle of lime juice at the store. It's an easy extra step, and makes such a difference!
- Bai coconut drink: this is a coconut-flavored water drink that is super refreshing and doesn't have all the sugar and calories!
- Cointreau: you could also use Triple Sec in this skinny coconut margarita, but I prefer Cointreau.
- Tequila: my absolute FAVORITE tequila is the clear Casamigos. I've tried lots of tequilas, and I just don't think you can beat this one.
- Ice: obviously the best and most important ingredient in any cocktail.
- Cocktail shaker
- Margarita glass (optional)
You definitely don't want to forego the cocktail shaker because adding everything to it and shaking it up with the ice before pouring it into your glass makes the skinny coconut margarita SO frothy and delicious. Do not skip this step 🙂
Skinny coconut margaritas: worth the wait
Anyone who follows me on Instagram knows by now that a coconut margarita was one of the things I was most excited to have when my pregnancy was over! I was dreaming about this skinny coconut margarita for MONTHS - and it was worth the wait. I LOVE everything coconut - coconut cake is actually one of my favorite desserts, and my other favorite candy is Almond Joys, which is filled with coconut. Anyways, you get the gist!
Make sure you buy Cream of Coconut!
I definitely want to point out that there is a difference between cream of coconut and coconut cream.
- Coconut cream is very thick and unsweetened and would not be great in this cocktail!
- Cream of coconut is sweetened and more syrup-y - it's perfect for this skinny coconut margarita. If you can find coco lopez, I personally think that's the best one!
How to make a margarita
- Get your glass ready! For this skinny coconut margarita, consider lining the rim with coconut rather than salt. Yum!
- Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shaking the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker is what makes this skinny coconut margarita so frothy. You don't want to skip this step!
- Add lots of ice to the cocktail shaker! The most important ingredient in any cocktail, in my opinion.
- Shake it up! Shake all of the ingredients for 10-15 seconds until they're chilled and there's a little bit of froth.
- Pour the ingredients in a glass with some ice and enjoy!
Not into margaritas and would prefer a cucumber lemonade cocktail? Check out my other summer favorite, Lightened-Up America Juice!Print
Skinny Coconut Margarita
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
This low-calorie low-point skinny coconut margarita is to die for. Made with real coco lopez cream of coconut, a low-calorie skinny coconut drink, fresh-squeezed lime, tequila, cointreau and ice, you couldn't ask for a better summer cocktail. Margaritas have always been one of my absolute favorite cocktails. Mix it with some coconut, and you just can't beat it.
- Juice from ½ lime
- ½ cup Bai coconut drink
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1.5 ounces Casamigos Tequila Blanco
- ¼ ounce Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
- Add the fresh-squeezed lime juice, Bai coconut drink, Cointreau, tequila, Coco Lopez and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously until the drink is chilled and slightly frothy
- Add to margarita glass with ice.
- Garnish with a lime slice, serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Cocktail
Keywords: Skinny Coconut Margarita
Jessica Flores says
I can vouch first hand for how amazing these are!!! So so good. 🤤
Delicious! So excited to make this again!
Made it last night! Soooooo good!
Katie D says
I love margs and I love coconut, this is the perfect combination. You can’t even tell it’s a “skinny” cocktail. Will be making again!
Yay!! So happy to hear this 🙂