This Skinny Egg Roll in a Bowl is low carb, low calorie, and low in Weight Watchers points. It takes just minutes to throw together and is perfect for a weeknight dinner, and even better for meal prep!
What is Skinny Egg Roll in a Bowl?
You guessed it - Skinny Egg Roll in a Bowl is perfect if you love the taste of egg rolls, but prefer to eat lighter/low calorie or low Weight Watchers points meals. It takes the fillings you'd find in an egg roll and has you enjoy them from a bowl, which allows you to avoid all of the frying. It is SO flavorful and the best part? You don't need to chop a single thing.
What You Need
Here are the things you'll need to make the Skinny Egg Roll in a Bowl:
- Lean ground meat of choice. If you want to make this as low calorie as possible, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken. If you want a bit more flavor, lean ground beef or ground pork are also wonderful!
- Minced garlic. You can use fresh garlic as it's much more flavorful, but you can also use minced garlic from a jar as it's way easier!
- Ginger. Same as the garlic - you can use fresh ginger if you'd like, but I use the ginger in a tube because it's way faster than mincing ginger myself!
- Toasted sesame oil. This adds a perfect, nutty flavor to the dish - you DON'T want to skip this! It's what gives the dish that Asian flavor and makes it so delicious.
- Soy sauce. You can use coconut aminos if you prefer!
- Sriracha. This is optional if you prefer no spice in your Skinny Egg Roll in a Bowl.
- Coleslaw. Bagged coleslaw is what makes this recipe SO easy!
How to Serve it
While this dish is excellent eaten exactly as is, I also LOVE steaming some white jasmine rice and mixing it into each individual serving before eating it. It's totally not necessary and great as-is, but if you're looking to bulk up the dish a bit and add in some carbs, it's a delicious addition!Print